Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Gingerbread house 2015

One of my tradition before Christmas is to built a gingerbread house. It is different every year and I always want to learn, and try, something new. This year new thing was windows for my house. Before, I have only made holes, but this time I made glasses as well. I found instructions from somewhere internet, and decided to try. It was so easy! For the house, I use always ready made gingerbread dough, because self-made dough seems to be more soft and doesn't work so well for this. 

I'm very happy about the result! Of course, anyone can see I'm not a professional, but at least I'm enthusiastic amateur :D


Gingerbread house
1 package ready made gingerbread dough
few transparent hard candy finely crushed
Royal icing:

1 white
125 ml powdered sugar
Meringue:

1 egg white
100 ml powdered sugar

Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2 mm. Place paper patterns onto the rolled out dough. With a sharp, straight edged knife, cut around each of the pieces and place them into a baking tray. Pour heaped amount of crushed candies to window openings. Bake 200-225 C for about 5-7 minutes. Leave to cool on baking sheet.
Create decorations using royal icing.
Pour the sugar into a sauce pan, boil to form a light caramel. Glue pieces together using this caramel.
Be very careful, sugar is dangerously hot!!
Create decorations with royal icing and meringue. 

Royal icing:
Beat on high for 7 minutes until very light, fluffy, and shiny
Meringue:
Beat on egg white high until very light and fluffy, add sugar. Beat 5 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment