Saturday, November 14, 2015

Black Lemon Drop Martini

Black themed dinner party required black aperitive, -of course! Black drinks in Finland is usually based on salty licorice booze (salmiakkikossu) or similar. But because my dessert had licorice already, I didn't want to use that for aperitive.

We all love lemon, and drinks with sour flavour. And this was the request I gave to my husband to create a cocktail. And this was the result! So I had anything else do with this drink, except the sugar-drimming. That was my effort to this fabulous cocktail.



Black Lemon Drop Martini
1 serving
4 cl black vodka (or vodka + black food color)
2 cl orange liqueur (Triple Sec, Grand Marnier, Cointreau, etc.)
2 cl freshly-squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp superfine sugar or to taste
Ice cubes
Sugar and licorice sauce for dipping

To create a sugar-rimmed glass, dip the drinking surface of the glass to licorice sauce. Dip the edge of the glass into the sugar.
Mix the vodka, orange liqueur, lemon juice, and sugar in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice; shake well.
Pour strained liquor into sugar-rimmed martini cocktail glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment